Saturday, August 21, 2010

Home Stretch

Another week done.  By this time next week, I'll be done with the CELTA.  Between now and then I have two more written assignments - one long, one short; two more assessed lessons - one long, one short; and  fifteen more hours of input.  I can do that.  I'm pretty excited to be done, because I'll actually have free time to see more of Poland, and to focus on learning Polish, and I can stop worrying about how to get a job and start working on getting a job.  But I'm also going to miss the people from the course, many of whom will be scattering to the four corners of...well, Europe, when this is over, and I'm a bit stressed about what's going to happen now and where I'm going to end up.  


The good news: (1) Dorota and her husband are going away for a few weeks right after the course, and they've offered me and Ayisha a place to stay if we walk their dogs for them, so I know where I'm going next Saturday when we have to leave our school flat, and I have a bit of job search time without committing to a lease in a city I may not be living in.  (2) If I want to go to the Gdansk area, Anna may be able to put in a good word for me with the school she works for.   (3) I've made friends with someone who is Director of Studies at a school in Krakow.  He doesn't think there are any spots open at his school at the moment, but he may be someone I can consult with a list of schools to find out whether they're dodgy. (4) For the first time in almost five years, I feel like I'm doing something I can get behind.


The bad news: (1) I'm exhausted.


Well, I think the tilt of the balance is pretty clear at the moment.  Now let's hope it all works out.
Stay tuned.


P.S. I bought a Polish translation of The Little Prince today.  I was thinking it would be cool to have a copy in every language I learn - someday I hope to have at least 5 different editions.  Here, he's called Mały Książę.
-

No comments:

Post a Comment