Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Drip, Drip, Splash

At the club today, we played a game that - in my opinion - is just as well suited to adults as it is to children.  I had a blast playing it anyway.  Drip, drip, splash is just like duck, duck goose.  Only you have a cup of water.  You can figure out the rules, right?  In what I can only assume to be a particularly touching demonstration of their affection for me, the kids drenched me to the core.  This led to pitchers of water being dumped on the kids, then on me (by staff), and to all of us chasing Andrew around the building in an attempt (1) to get him wet, and (2) to get ourselves a bit dryer.  I am going to miss those kids so much.

We were inside cleaning up, and one of our little girls was trying to steal an apple out of my hand.  She had the meanest case of the giggles anybody has ever heard.  Andrew looked at her and said, "hearing you laugh like that is the best part of my day." 

Do you ever wonder why we can't all be as honest as that, all the time?  At least about the good stuff?  It's like we're all just a little too afraid of being the least bit soft.  You know what, though?  I'm starting to think that the cynics are the real suckers.  They're taking the easy way out, but telling themselves it's hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment